Whilst promoting independence wherever possible Vicarage Homecare ensures dignity is maintained at all times.
• General care and supervision
• Bathing or showering
• Oral hygiene care
• Incontinence care/bathroom assistance
• Dressing assistance
• Walking and transferring/wheelchair/walker/cane assistance
• Medication reminders
• Eating and feeding assistance
• Assist with emergency monitoring systems
If assistance is needed with meal preparation – carers will offer choices, to ensure your dietary and nutritional needs are fully met.
• Meal and menu planning
• Grocery shopping
• Preparing, cooking and serving meals
• Special dietary restrictions
• Assistance with eating
• Washing and putting away
All our staff are fully trained in food hygiene.
Our carers can provide vital assistance in:
• Taking your medication
• Ordering of prescriptions
• Liasing with chemists with ordering of medication
• Collecting prescriptions
• Liasing with doctors/district nurses and other medical professionals
• Monitoring of medications
All our staff provide medication prompts.
Our carers work alongside other professionals to continue your rehabilitation program once you are home – we take advice and direction from other professionals eg – phsyiotherapists and occupational therapists to ensure we can continue following your rehabilitation program and to hopefully reach your planned outcomes and goals.
• Sitting service
• Companionship and conversations
• Accompany to day care programs
• Games, craft, or activity/reading assistance
• Mail sorting and organization